Wednesday, June 1, 2011

5/31

I went plein air painting today. This would technically be my first one. I was fighting the medium a little bit too, just cause i'm still not used to gauche. After I finished the painting, I also did a perspective drawing of the scene. I learned a lot from this attempt.


The weather was so weird! It was very cloudy and the lighting was erratic! There were very few cast shadows. I remember as I set down my brush to end the painting. The sun peered out from behind the clouds to show more defined shadows and values changes. little too late i suppose. I would have gone back and changed it, but the sun only hung around for a short minute before leaving us once again. 

the scan came out badly >_<

1 comment:

  1. Good job on starting out monochromatic. Yeah, it must've been really difficult to get a good scene if it was cloudy or overcast. I like the sketch too and how you added people. haha Cool stuffs. :)

    ReplyDelete